Pages

Suiting Up for the Beach!


ERES SPRING / SUMMER COLLECTION 2012





















It's that time of the year again, the sun is shining and the beach is calling your name! It's time to shed the layers and dive in. We found that one of the hardest things to do is find a beautiful and unique swimsuit to add to your collection. And after spending weeks shopping for the perfect swimsuit, we bring you the fruits of out labor. Here are our top picks for swimwares along with some accessories. Let us know which one is your favorite!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Xiang
"I love going to the lake/beach during  the summer. Swimming in natural water is just different from the pool. In the first match, I just love the sweetness of the classic neckline created by the underwire bikini top. The boyfriend cover up balances out the girliness a bit but adds some sexy flare."










Jen
"You'll notice that Xiang and I basically almost picked the same swimsuit (however, her's is a two piece) but I stand behind my decision. There are a lot of retro styled swimsuits out there and I've looked through thousands of them only to find that this is hands down the best looking one. The top holds the shape of your breasts much more elegantly than most swimwear and the ruching doesn't detract from your figure. The American Apparel straw hat also matches it perfectly. I'm a big fan of Paul Smith though his stuff is quite expensive. However, this bag is perfect for the beach and can accompany you to other casual summer events as well. I love eyelets and scalloped trims so this cover-up is a must for any swimsuit."




J.Crew Polka-Dot Ruched Underwire Tank
Tory Burch Eyelet Cover-Up Dress
Paul Smith Blue Josephine Handbag
American Apparel Savannah Sun Hat


Xiang
"You can still stay cool and funky going to the beach. This one-piece from UO stays cool, but with some playfulness by adding the bow in the back with a super low cut. I pick the equally funky LASCOSTE beach towel to add some color but not lose the coolness."




Jen
"I love that Xiang included a beach towel with every combo but honestly this was the most interesting one I could find and this is the perfect swimsuit to match it. I have a bit of an obsession for belted swimsuits and the belt on this one brings the whole shape together quite nicely (click the link to check out the sexy back!).  The wrap adds a lot of texture to the outfit but it was so pretty I couldn't leave it out!"



Xiang
"Well, if you've been paying attention to my posts and previous picks, then it is not hard to predict that I would pick a swimware that is retro inspired. So here we go: polka dots and a straw sun hat. Love the pleated bandeau top by J.Crew, and they come in 4 different colors and an optional strap! Go check them out yourself!"





Jen
"While putting this together, I actually ended up buying this swimsuit! I think it's quite easy to notice that I love nautical wear for the summer however the floral cut-out poncho will make this outfit a bit more modern. I love cat eye inspired sunglasses and the one from J. Crew matches the look of the swimwear without looking like you stepped out of a pin-up."






MIU MIU Bow-embellished halterneck swimsuit
ETRO Cutout printed silk-chiffon poncho top
Selima Sun for J.Crew Sophia Sunglasses



Xiang
"I actually personally own this halter one-piece in nude color from AA and I love it! It is a one piece but it is not any less sexy than a two piece. If anything, it adds more uniqueness. And you can easily just pair it up with a skirt and just look like you are wearing a very sexy top!"






Jen
"I'm not a big fan of standard bikinis however the Vix bikini does standard in a very classy way. The leather detailing on the bikini is subtle but rather special as well. Leather on a swimsuit is not something I often see nor something I think I'll ever see however it works so well here. Speaking of leather, Tanner Goods is definitely my go-to shop for high quality leather products and this tote is no exception. The slip is an extremely elegant piece that will soften the whole outfit but honestly this bikini can do without a cover-up."


Zimmerman Devoted broderie anglaise cotton dress

No comments:

Post a Comment