Pages

In the Mood for the Birds and the Bees




Photography by the colorblind Leonardo Hartomo
This week I wanted to explore the subtle differences between men's wear and women's wear by styling the same outfit two ways. I tend to interchange these outfits quite a bit and sometimes even within the same day! What I love about men's wear is that you can find pieces that are interchangeable with everything you already have in your wardrobe. I generally try to take this inspiration and incorporate it into what can work for women as well. With women's wear you get much more of the frills and the unique pieces however, it's easy to find yourself with a lot of good individual pieces but not necessarily full complete outfits.

Men's wear doesn't have to be unique to look good since the style is all about the fit. A simple button down shirt can make a big difference when it fits just right and can be extremely versatile as well.  When I shop now my first priority is always fit and the next is if I can pair the piece with something I already have; which are two key ingredients for shopping like a man. I have to admit, shopping with these two elements in mind has helped my wardrobe and style greatly and, as you can see, manly pieces can easily transform into a very girly outfit.

Lastly, I'd like to note that I don't smoke nor do I know how to but it does look very manly.

What I'm Wearing

Shirt: H&M button up (similar)
Tank: Gilly Hicks Polka Dot Corset (similar)
Jeans: Club Monaco Kylie Jeans (similar)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Prospector / Jeffrey Campbell Situation

No comments:

Post a Comment