Pages

Victorian Spring


Whoa, I can't believe we are almost a quarter into 2014. We just passed the first day of Spring last week, didn't we? I know I have not been so present on the blog lately, but thanks to Jen, we still managed to post some good stuff! I've been quite busy with work and trying to keep up my new year solution, which is probably the one resolution you hear everyone talk about every year: Work out more. Also, instead of only sticking to yoga, I've been trying different classes, including cardio, weight training, zumba, and even capoeira for the first time! When Jen visited me a couple of weeks ago, she also came with me to a cardio barre class. We got a good work out, but you'll have to ask Jen if she would go again. :p



Besides all the new workout classes, I've also been welcoming a couple of new fashion pieces which are not my usual style. I found this Line & Dot top from a SF designer sample sale store called Cary.Lane. They carry both men and women's clothing from more unique brands, like Pink Martini (a Canadian equivalent of ModCloth) and Kelsi Dagger (a NY designer whose shoes I absolutely adore).

The top's front detailing reminds a bit of San Francisco's victorian houses – colorful, elaborate and detailed, also looks like a classic still life painting. I like the contrast and balance the plain white back provides too  – just a touch of simplicity and quietness in the design. One might say that the faux leather skirt and leggings are of a different style compared to the top, but I like the mix of modern edgy and classier floral softness. These Kelsi Dagger heels were a steal from Cary.Lane – only $39. My heels usually don't go up to 5 inches (plus 1 inch platform). But I figured it doesn't hurt to own a pair of sexy skinny heels (the trimmed platform really had me when I laid my eyes on them). Gold is truly the best!

Top: Line & Dot
Skirt: NeedSupply
Bracelet: Banana Republic (in white)
Tights: American Apparel (seen here)
Shoes: Kalsi Dagger (in tan, Amazon has the same style in blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment