Pages

Let's go to a Vintage Fair!

You can finally see a trace of spring in SF. When I head out to work at 6:45am, it's no longer dark and I can spend a Saturday afternoon out in the sun. Wanna get out in the sun more often, but you're not so much of a sporty person? You might want to check out Alameda Vintage fair.

The fair happens on the first Sunday of every month (the next one is March 4th) and everything there is supposed to be at least 25 years old. Alameda is a small town in the east bay (close to Oakland). It's about a 30min-drive from SF. I went there in February for the first time.




The fair starts from 6am and lasts until 3pm. Tickets are required upon entry. We got there around 10:30 and there were still many things to look at and try on. We stayed until 2 and I had a great time. I'm definitely looking forward to going again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were many clothing and furniture vendors, but there was one vendor, Allyn Scura, selling glasses. They have a huge selection of vintage frames in various colors and shapes. I am sure you'll find a pair that suits you!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fair is also a great place to find accessories, either to jazz up your everyday outfits or complete that costume for a special event.


I loved trying on all the different hats. I also found this pair of white leather shoes that I absolutely adored, but they were just too small to fit. Hope you have better luck finding a pair that fits.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also came across many, many interesting things for the home, like these pair of porcelain cats. 




This is just a glance of what the fair has to offer. You should really go there and check it out for yourself! 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What I'm Wearing


70's Vintage glasses frame (got them at the fair from Allyn Scura)
Gilly Hicks white top (similar)
Flowery Skirt from mom (similar)
Burgundy wrist band made from a hair band you can get from Walgreen (I like keeping a hair tie or hair band at hand so when it gets hot I can tie my hair up)
Sperry Top-Sider Wedge
Patria Nash cross shoulder bag 



Love,
xixi

No comments:

Post a Comment