Pages

The Secret Garden

Other than learning how to style myself and utilize my over-loaded wardrobe better, there is one more perk comes with my blog upkeeping – constant discovery of hidden gems around the city during photoshoots. It was pure serendipity that Annie and I stumbled upon this charming community garden on Octavia street in Hayes Valley. After I failed to get a cab (short on time) to get to our original planned photoshoot location, the Pink Death Bunny, which is being taken down in September and will be replaced by a CVS, Annie was kind enough to meet me in Hayes Valley and we decided on the whim to walk to a nearby church to do the shoot instead. Who knew we would come across this little garden on our way to the church. Just like that we switched from plan B to C. 

Photos by Annie / Hair by Christine
It is no secret that I am a sucker for polka dots. I own a few different polka dot pieces and wore one for my birthday this year. They are just so perfect for the summer. The wedges were such a good find from Macy's. They are from American Rag but on sale for only $29. I actually bought them for a wedding where I am a bridesmaid and needed to wear a pair of white shoes. I was looking for something summery, casual chic and most importantly, allow me to do the must-have wedding jumping shots without breaking my ankles :p. These are perfect: the wedges are high but steady. I also added these arch support to maximize the comfort level. You know, no one really wants to be a beauty in pain :)

I'm wearing:
Dress: Similar
Shoes: American Rag


No comments:

Post a Comment